Summary: mozilla.dev.builds - September 30th to October 6th 2006
- Ludwig Hügelschäfer stated that he has been encountering an error when he executes a "make export" operation on ThunderBird (part of the MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH) since September 15th.
../../dist/host/bin/host_xpidl -m header -w -I~mozilla/xpcom/base
- -I../../dist/idl -o _xpidlgen/nsIConsoleListener
- gmake: *** [_xpidlgen/nsIConsoleListener.h] Bus error
- gmake: *** Deleting file `_xpidlgen/nsIConsoleListener.h'
- gmake: *** [export] Error 2
- make: *** [all] Error 2::
- On Octorber 4th Ludwig Hügelschäfer responded to his original post with the solution to his own problem.
- He found out that a broken host_xpidl was the source of the problem. In order to fix this he deleted the tree part where host_xpidl was located. He then was able to successfully build ThunderBird.
- Ludwig Hügelschäfer response to the posting.
- On October 2nd T Rowley announced that:
- Soon SVG on the trunk will be switching to use thebes directly (instead of the current choice of direct cairo or punching a hole through thebes to cairo). Once completed you will need to build cairo gfx in order to build SVG.
- On October 5th Rob Helmer announced that:
- He will be taking the 1.8.0 branch (en-US and l10n) Linux tinderbox down tomorrow afternoon (Oct 6th, PDT) in order to clone the disks and create a staging server for the release automation work. ( see bug 355309.
- He also mentioned that he has filed bug 355606 in order to track the staging server setup.
- There were no discussions this week.
- There were no meetings this week.
Summarized By: Vanessa Miranda & Mohammad Tirtashi