Summary: mozilla.dev.apps.firefox - October 6, 2006 - October 13, 2006
- Firefox Vista compatible and versioning heads up
- Robert Strong describes the compatibility between Windows Vista and Firefox, also about the versioning change. Large discussion about why the use of the sequence 2.0.0.*.
- Everyone and his goldfish thinks bug 300198 should be fixed
- Large response to the discussion about the bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=300198, regarding middle clicking on a tab.
- Annoying Firefox 2 Save dialog instead of Open/Save ones.
- User questions about a Open/SaveAs bug that already exisits: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=347230
- Installer for 2.0RC2
- ehume gives the developers a thumbs up for the new installer for 2.0RC2 having a textfield where you can type in the installation directory.
- A way to recover the toolbars from popup windows that hide it
- A suggestion for a way to recover toolbars from a popup window that disables it. User suggests 3 ways, and suggests a default. (No responses as of yet)
- Selected Tab looks too close to unselected tab
- Discussion about how to change the colour of a selected tab and an unselected tab. It's suggested that its a OS problem in the desktop theme, as opposed to problem with Firefox.
- nsAppRunner.o compile error: SOME_CONST not declared in scope
- Compile error while compiling first build. User was conservative on what libraries they used, but now they have a compile error and can't make sense of it. No responses as of yet.
- Firefox browser problem: width:30ex does not respect font
- Discussion about a font rendering problem with Firefox
- Print on the Firefox context menu
- User would like discussion about why the bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=204519 is a WONTFIX. (User feels Print belongs on the context menu along with Back, Reload, etc.)
- Questions About Programming For Firefox
- A Student questions how to create an extension that changes fonts, and how to capture website content before it is displayed.
- Firefox add-on wanted
- User is inquiring if there is such an application to automatically save pieces of a webpage everytime is it updated.
- Firefox 2.0 should re-implement modal window.open to support Web 2.0
- User would like the option to show pop-up windows, using window.open(), from inside untrusted script, to be re-implemented. This function was disabled, see bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=180048
None this week.