FAQ for questions asked on mozilla.dev.platform
- Q: XULRunner on Mac OS X
- A: Instead of using /path/to/xulrunner-bin.ini, applications on a Mac must be in an application bundle (Foo.app). Then unpack the XUL app into the Mac structure with
- Q: Can you build XULRunner with newer (>1.5) features, such as storage?
- A: XULRunner trunk and 1.8 (but not 1.8.0) build storage by default, and anything can be built with storage if you put in you <tt>mozconfig --enable-storage</tt>
- Q: Program received signal EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION, Illegal instruction/operand. 0x00016b50 in XRE_CreateAppData ()
- A: When you <tt>--disable-libxul</tt>, the XPCOM glue doesn't have information about how to load all the dependent libraries like <tt>libgfx.dylib</tt>. In order to use XR successfully in <tt>--disable-libxul</tt> mode, you have to setup
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATHto include <tt>/Library/Frameworks/XUL.framework/Versions/1.9a1</tt>
- - Benjamin Smedberg, Fri, Oct 20 2006 9:12 am
- Q: When I try to build a completely standalone XUL app on OS X (10.4.8). took an Foo.app directory created with xulrunner-bin --install-app and tried to copy (using rsync -rl) the XUL.framework directory into a Frameworks directory in the .app bundle and then deleting the XUL.framework directory from /Library/Frameworks, my running my app fails silently. It works fine when the XUL.framework is installed in /Library/Frameworks. Any suggestions? "
- A: Make sure the app can find the Framework or you can use the packages of the Firefox release repackager which uses the embedded framework successfully. Please make sure you're using 22.214.171.124 or later (not 126.96.36.199, which had a bug that prevented this from working properly).
- A: Have the browser.chromeURL preference - this should be a XUL document containing a <browser type="content-primary"> element in which the popup window's content should get loaded.
- Q: When I try to run xulrunner-stub.exe I get the error "this application failed to start because MSVCR80.dll was not found."
- A: See Bug 350616