- The preview pane can be toggled with the editor. Previewing in a popup window is still available.
- Option to automatically update the preview as the editor changes.
- Indicator in the statusbar shows errors. Double-click to display Error Console.
- Option to specify the snippet used to load the editor on startup.
- Option to include a user snippet file. The snippets are merged with the built-in snippets at startup.
- Double-click or drag-and-drop to insert a snippet
- File > New allows user to pick any “Template” snippet, as well as blank.
- Simple XUL Checker can be used to ‘validate’ the XUL snippet. It checks for legal element and attribute names, including allowed attributes for a given element.
- Support attribute value checking where appropriate (boolean and enumerated values) - XUL Checker
- Support “best practice” checks such as: using of commands and keys, strings in DTDs and so on - XUL Checker
- Multi-tabbed editor support
- Support wizards to generate common projects - extensions
- Support extension testing using Firefox extension Test mode
- Venkman support
- DOM Inspector support
- Support more “best practice” checks such as: more A11y checks, strings in DTDs and so on - XUL Checker
- Allow users to add snippets on the fly
- Add sidebars for more functionality - Property Sidebar and Project Sidebar
- Support wizards to generate common projects - XUL files, JS XPCOM, and XULRunner applications
For more detailed information, see the XUL_Explorer:Planning#Feature_Planning_for_XUL_Explorer.
- Install (Windows): xulexplorer-1.0a1pre.en-US.win32.exe 6.6MB
- Install (Mac): xulexplorer-1.0a1pre.en-US.mac.dmg 9.3MB
- Install (Linux): xulexplorer-1.0a1pre.en-US.linux-i686.tar.bz2 8.4MB