Parts of this page show the use of the XPInstall API. The majority of this API is now deprecated and as of Gecko 1.9 no longer available. Extension, Theme, and plug-in developers must switch away from
install.js based packages to the new packaging scheme with an
install.rdf manifest. In particular plugin developers should see how to package a plugin as an extension.
- Creates a new directory.
- Returns an object representing the parent directory.
- Removes a directory.
- Renames the specified directory.
- Makes a copy of the specified file.
- Returns the amount of disk space available in bytes.
- Returns a boolean value indicating whether the specified file exists or not.
- Queues a file for executing as part of the installation process.
- Returns a boolean value indicating whether an object is a directory.
- Returns a boolean value indicating whether an object is a file.
- Returns a number representing the last modified date of the given file.
- Specifies whether the last modification on a file is older than a specified date
- Moves a file from one location to another.
- Removes a file.
- Renames a file in place.
- Returns the size of the file in bytes.
- Creates a windows shortcut for a file.
- Creates a macintosh alias for a file.
- Returns the windows shortname of the path.
- Registers DLLs with the registry.