Gecko - the Smart Embedding Choice
Robust, full featured, secure and cross platform
Gecko features amazing support for open Web standards and existing Web content, is built from the ground up with security in mind, and is available on more than a dozen platforms. Architected from the ground up to be Cross Platform, Gecko runs on Wintel, Mac OS 9.0 and OS X, Linux, BSD, OS/2 and more. It is the clear choice for internet enabled applications.
Proven track record
A host of companies and organizations are currently using Gecko in commercial and free software products. See our Hall of Fame page which lists many creative implementations using Gecko. Gecko is technology you can trust!
A low cost solution
The partnership in development efforts by companies and Open Source contributors can be leveraged by all. Open Source is freely available, highly customizable and usable as a component in a proprietary commercial product.
Strategic risk mitigation
Access to Gecko source code means not being beholden to the direction or goals of any one company.
Mozilla licensing permits use of Gecko in open and commercial products without giving up proprietary intellectual property. More info about possible licensing arrangements can be found at http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/.
If you are still not convinced, read on...
- Gecko Embedding Basics
- An introduction to embedding the Gecko rendering engine.
- Mozilla embedding APIs overview
- Introduction to the Mozilla embedding APIs.
- Comprehensive API reference
- Frozen interfaces related to the embedding of Gecko.
- A newsgroup for general questions and answers.
Original Document Information
- Author(s): Marcia Knous
- Last Updated Date: Feb 24, 2003
- Copyright Information: Portions of this content are © 1998–2007 by individual mozilla.org contributors; content available under a Creative Commons license | Details.