On November 30th, 2016, Mozilla shut down the persona.org services. Persona.org and related domains will soon be taken offline.
For more information, see this guide to migrating your site away from Persona:
Why should you use Persona on your website?
- Persona completely eliminates site-specific passwords, freeing users and websites from the burden of creating, managing and storing passwords securely.
- Persona is easy to use. With just two clicks a Persona user can sign in to a new site like Voost, bypassing the friction associated with account creation.
- Persona is easy to implement. Developers can add Persona to a site within a single afternoon.
- There's no lock-in. Developers get a verified email address for all of their users, and users can use any email address with Persona.
Plus, Persona is only going to get better: it's built on an open, decentralized protocol, that's designed to allow direct integration into browsers and native support by email providers. Sites that implement Persona today will automatically experience improvements without having to change any code.
- Why Persona?
- What's special about Persona compared to other identity and authentication systems.
- Quick setup
- A walkthrough showing how to add Persona to your website.
- Security considerations
- Practices and techniques to make sure your Persona deployment is secure.
- Browser compatibility
- Learn exactly which browsers support Persona.
- Learn how Persona handles different languages.
- The implementor's guide
- Tips from sites that have added support for Persona.
- Libraries and plugins
- Find a drop-in library for your favorite programming language, web framework, blog, or content management system.
- The Persona cookbook
- Example source code for Persona sites. Includes snippets in C# (MVC3), PHP, Node.JS, and more.
- User interface guidelines
- How to present Persona sign-in to your users.
If you're an email provider or another identity-providing service, check out the links below to learn about becoming a Persona Identity Provider.
- IdP Overview
- A high level view of Persona Identity Providers.
- Implementing an IdP
- A detailed guide to the technical details of becoming an IdP.
- An overview of the
.well-known/browseridfile, which IdPs use to advertise support for the protocol.
- Using Persona on a website
- Becoming an Identity Provider
- The Persona project