Once you have signed into your developer account and agreed to the Developer Agreement, you can enter details about your app and identify its manifest file to Firefox Marketplace.
You're now in the Submit an App page, here you'll:
- depending on the packaging method used for your app:
- identify the location of a hosted app's manifest.
- upload a packaged app's ZIP file.
- provide information about the features required by your app.
Load your app
You now identify you app to Firefox Marketplace:
- If your app is a Hosted App, (1) enter the location on your server of the app manifest for your app (this must be a full URL), and click (2) Validate.
Marketplace will now validate you app's manifest file.
- If the app manifest validates, click Continue.
- If there are errors or warning as a result of validating the app's manifest a link is provided to a full report. Review the report, correct the errors, and resubmit the manifest for validation.
- If your app is a Packaged App, click the Packaged tab and click Select a file. Your computer's file browser will open, browse to your app's zip file and open the file to upload it.
Marketplace will now validate the app's package.
- If your app validates, click Continue.
- If there are errors or warning as a result of validating the app's package (ZIP) a link is provided to a full report. Review the report, correct the errors, rebuild the app's package file, and upload it again.
Identify the app's minimum API requirements
On completion of your app's validation the App Minimum Requirements section displays. Initially this displays a list of the most commonly used API requirements. If any of your apps requirements are missing, click (1) View all and (2) click the checkbox for any missing requirements.
Marketplace will hide you apps users whose devices don't support the requirements selected in this section.
This step is now complete and you can click Continue to move onto the next step.
To find out more about the next step, proceed to: Enter your app's details.