- Design your app or add-on so that what you actually do with user data is what users think you are doing with it.
- Try to give the user as much control over their data as you can, such as giving them the choice to opt-in to or opt-out of data collection whenever possible.
- Try to limit your data collection and use to only the data that you need.
- Design your app and service to protect the security of your user's data in its collection, storage, and use.
- Respond to user questions and concerns about your privacy practices.
- Avoid 'secret' updates.
- Make your use of social features transparent, so that users are aware of when they're sharing data socially.
- Give people a way to turn off automatic sharing or make more granular choices about sharing data.
- Obtain consent from users when necessary, especially for location and other sensitive information.