Bonsai is tree control
It is a tool that lets you perform queries on the contents of a CVS archive; you can: get a list of checkins, see what checkins have been made by a given person, or on a given CVS branch, or in a particular time period. It also includes tools for looking at checkin logs (and comments); doing diffs between various versions of a file; and finding out which person is responsible for changing a particular line of code ("cvsblame").
Here are some example queries that will give you a taste of what Bonsai is capable of:
- Today's checkins to the Mozilla Source Mainline.
- Checkins to any branch of XFE by Ramiro between 26-Feb-1998 and 12-May-1998
- Differences between revisions 3.1 and 3.3 of the file mozilla/cmd/xfe/forms.c
That's a small sample, but it should be enough to get you started. Play around with the various options on the main Bonsai Query page. If you're updating our cvs tree you'll need to learn about Hacking with Bonsai.
Bonsai Source Code
The source code to the Bonsai tool itself is also available, check out the information available at the Bonsai project page.
Original Document Information
- Author(s): Jamie Zawinski
- Last Updated Date: September 8, 2004
- Copyright Information: Portions of this content are © 1998–2007 by individual mozilla.org contributors; content available under a Creative Commons license | Details.