John, a web developer, is looking to learn about how to use AJAX techniques to make his web application more interactive. A Google search brings him to Mozilla Developer Central.
- John searches Google for "AJAX development" and is pointed to MDC's AJAX topic page
- From the topic page, John notices the "Getting Started" link in the upper corner and selects it.
- After reading the introductory article, John decides to go back to the topic page using his browser's back button.
- John then reads the summaries of some recent articles, and decides to click on the "More articles..." link which brings him to the AJAX article index by topic page.
- John realizes that he needs to find the documentation for XmlHttpRequest, and enters that into the search box, which brings him to the specific reference material.