The MDC home page is a static page that provides the welcome experience for new and returning users. The page will draw together content from both the wiki and the MDC weblogs.
- Developer News
- Web Watch
- Discuss (leads to the discussion page)
The primary focal point on the MDC Home Page is billboard for an article. The content of this space should be updated regularly (weekly? fortnightly?) and highlight the "new hotness" for developers.
- Combination of graphics and text
- Contains link to actual article
(see Apple Developer Center for inspiration)
Previously Featured Articles
The last five articles to have appeared as "Featured Articles" (above) will be listed here as links, allowing returning users quick routes to finding the content again.
- Small header "Recent Features"
- Previous feature article titles as links
- "More articles ..." link that leads to article index
Latest Changed or Updated Articles
List of the last five articles to have been changed or updated. (tbd: can we draw this information out of the wiki dynamically?)
- Small header "Recent Changes"
- Changed article titles as links
- "More changes to articles ..." that links to MediaWiki "Recent Changes"
Topic & Reference Categories
Alphabetical listing of the various topic & reference pages available on MDC, seperated into "Technology Topics", "Developer Topics" and "Reference Libraries"
- Small headers for "Technology Topics", "Developer Topics" and "Reference Libraries"
- Alphabetical listings of topic and reference pages as links