Marketplace feature removal
The functionality described on this page no longer works — Firefox Marketplace has discontinued support for Android, Desktop, Tablets, and payments (and other related functionality). For more information, read the Future of Marketplace FAQ.
Making your apps available for a payment on Firefox Marketplace is straightforward: You setup an account with one or more payment providers, set your app's price and the countries it will be sold in and if it's an upgrade to a free app promote it as the premium version. If you also use in-app payments, you need to obtain an API key and define your in-app products. This section provides a guide to setting up your paid Open Web Apps and their in-app products on Firefox Marketplace, as well as providing useful additional information.
Setting up paid apps
- Payment accounts
- Find out how to set up accounts with payment providers, so you can receive your app sales and in-app payments revenue.
- Setting your price (coming soon)
- Understand the options for setting your app's price and the countries it will be sold in.
- Promote as upgrade
- You can also promote a paid app as an upgrade to a free one.
Setting up in-app payments
- Obtaining your API key (coming soon)
- How to obtain the API key for your app.
- Defining your in-app products
- Setting up your fxPay in-app products on Marketplace.
- Validating a receipt
- Find out how to check that a user has paid for one of your in-app products.