Marketplace feature removal
The functionality described on this page no longer works — Firefox Marketplace has discontinued support for Android, Desktop, Tablets, and payments (and other related functionality). For more information, read the Future of Marketplace FAQ.
Boku is the payment provider for operator transactions from América Móvil (Telcel). To receive payments for app and in-app purchases from the supported operators you'll need to create a Boku account, bearing in mind that any existing Boku account you may have cannot be used. This page provides a quick start and long guide to the sign up process, as well as links to the relevant pages to complete the process.
If you're unclear about any of the following instructions, please refer to the Step by step guide.
- Click the Create Boku Account button seen below.
- In the first Professional Account — Publisher Sign Up — Mozilla Corporation End Merchant page, provide your contact and business details then click Next.
- Your account will now be validated by Boku, usually within 1–2 business days, and an email confirmation sent. To complete the registration process you'll need to click the link provided in the email to validate the email address you entered during sign up. If you don't receive the confirmation email, please check your spam folder. If you haven't received the confirmation email within 3 business days, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign into Boku with your account details.
- Set up a bank account by clicking SETTING on the site menu, then Bank Details on the submenu. On the Bank Details page click Add New Account, provide your bank details and then click Submit.
- Obtain your Service ID by clicking SERVICES on the site menu, then look for the ID under Service Name.
- Return to My Submissions in Firefox Marketplace, open the app you wish to add Boku account details to, then click Compatibility & Payments on the menu. Under Payment Accounts, click Add, manage or view transactions for your payment accounts then Add a Boku account from the dialog, enter a name for your Boku account and add the service ID. Click Register Payment Account.
- You can now complete any remaining details for your app and submit it to review as normal.
You must create a Boku account using this mechanism — Boku accounts created any other way WON'T BE VALID.
Step by step guide
This section provides a step-by-step guide to the process for signing up for a Mozilla Corporation End Merchant account with Boku.
Request a Boku account
- Go to the Boku Mozilla Corporation End Merchant Registration page.
- On page 1 of the Professional Account - Publisher Sign Up - Mozilla Corporation End Merchant form, in (1) Business Information, if you don't have a registered company you use to create and distribute your apps, select Sole Proprietorship. In (2) Business Name, enter the name you use to distribute apps on Firefox Marketplace and in (3) Date Business Established enter the date you first started developing apps for distribution.
- Click Next.
- On page 2, in (1) Login enter a name that is representative of your business name entered on page 1, noting that:
- it shouldn't contain any upper-case or special characters, e.g. @, #, !, <space>, etc.
- must be prefixed with mozilla_ (TO BE CONFIRMED).
- Review the legal agreement and at the end check (2) I Agree.
- Enter the (4) CAPTCHA.
- Click (5) Create Account and the Publisher Sign Up Confirmation page displays.
Boku account confirmation
After completing the signup process you'll receive an email within 1 or 2 business days to confirm that the account has been created. To complete the registration process you'll need to click the link provided in the email, to validate the email address you entered during sign up.
If you don't receive an email please check your spam folder. If the email isn't there wait an additional business day, if at that time there is no email please contact email@example.com.
Add Bank account details to Boku
Once your account has been verified the next step is to add your bank account details. This will be the bank account into which your app and in-app purchase sales revenue (after tax and fees) is deposited.
- Sign in to Boku using the Login (user name) and password you created in the second page of the sign up process.
- Click (1) SETTING on the site menu
- Click (2) Bank Details on the submenu.
- On the Bank Details page, click (3) Add New Account.
- Provide your bank details. If you don't have the various (1) Bank Identifiers, these are usually available on a bank's website. Alternatively, if you cannot find the details easily try a web search for "bank name international receipts SWIFT". Once you've completed the details, click (2) Submit.
Obtain your Boku Account Service ID
You now need to obtain your account's service ID, which you'll add to Firefox Marketplace.
- Click (1) SERVICES on the site menu.
- In Manage Services, locate your service ID under (2) Service Name.
Add your Boku account details to Firefox Marketplace
You can now return to My Submissions in Firefox Marketplace to add your Boku account details.
- Open the app you wish to add Boku account details to.
- Click (1) Compatibility & Payments on the menu.
- Under Payment Accounts, click (2) Add, manage or view transactions for your payment accounts.
- Select (1) Add a Boku account from the Payment Accounts dialog.
- In Add Boku Account, enter (1) Account name (this can be any name that will help you easily identify the account) and (2) Service ID, the value you obtained from your Boku account.
- Click (3) Register Payment Account.
- Marketplace will connect with the Boku server to validate the Service ID, displaying the following message while it does so:
- to be completed ...
The process is now complete. You can now add any remaining details for your app and submit it to review as normal.