Publishing options that are no longer available, hence the information being archived.
- Creating your own store
- The method of installing and managing apps in Firefox OS, Firefox for Android, and Firefox for Desktop is independent of Firefox Marketplace. This opens up the possibility for you to not only self-publish apps, but also to create and host your own marketplace. Ultimately you could also implement an independent marketplace using the open source software. This page describes your options and provides an overview to implementing each.
- Open Web Apps for Android
- Open Web Apps for Android enables free Marketplace apps to be packaged into an APK (Android installation package), which is then installed and run in the same way as any other Android app. The APK package consists of web content (in the case of packaged apps) or a pointer to web content (in the case of hosted apps). This content is then enclosed in a thin Java/Android wrapper, which provides the integration with the Android OS. Once installed on an Android device the app is executed by Web Runtime for Android, a component of Firefox for Android.
- Open Web Apps for Desktop
- Open Web Apps for Desktop enables free Marketplace apps to be installed by Firefox Desktop into a user's Windows, Mac, or Linux computer. Once installed on a desktop computer, these apps run similarly to any other desktop app. These apps are executed using Web Runtime for Desktop, a component of Firefox for Desktop.