Marketplace feature removal
The functionality described on this page no longer works — Firefox Marketplace has discontinued support for Android, Desktop, Tablets, and payments (and other related functionality). For more information, read the Future of Marketplace FAQ.
- Status: Removed; no longer works.
- fxPay provides a complete mechanism for implementing In-app Payments that includes purchase receipts and product management.
- Key points
- You don't have to provide your own server to implement in-app payments.
- In-app product details can be managed in Firefox Marketplace.
- In-app payment receipts are stored on a user's device.
- Purchases cannot be restored to or moved between devices (see bug 1045228 ).
- Will work in Firefox for Android, Firefox for Desktop and Firefox OS.
- Status: No longer works.
- mozPay provides a mechanism for implementing just the payment part of In-app Payments. All other details about the payment must be implemented with custom code.
- Key points
- You have to provide your own server to implemement in-app payments.
- In-app product details must be managed and stored on your own server.
- You must implement how purchases are verified and restored.
- You must implement your own way to issue purchase receipts.
- Will only work on Android and Firefox OS.