Marketplace feature removal
The functionality described on this page no longer works — Firefox Marketplace has discontinued support for Android, Desktop, Tablets, and payments (and other related functionality). For more information, read the Future of Marketplace FAQ.
Provides support for installing, managing, and controlling Open Web apps in a browser for installation on Firefox OS. Currently implemented as
mgmtobject that exposes functions that let dashboards manage and launch apps on a user's behalf.
- Checks whether an app has already been installed, taking its manifest as parameter.
- Triggers the installation of an app. During the installation process, the app is validated and the user is prompted to approve the installation.
- Installs a packaged app.
- Returns an object that contains an
appobject for the app.
- Gets a list of all installed apps.
- Provides a means for an app to check whether it is installed.
- Returns the apps that were installed by the calling domain. This allows an app directory or store to determine which app it has installed on behalf of the current user.