MozMmsEvent represents events related to WebSMS MMS messages.
msEvent also inherits properties from
- A Boolean indicating whether the event bubbles up through the DOM or not.
- A historical alias to
Event.stopPropagation(). Setting its value to
truebefore returning from an event handler prevents propagation of the event.
- A Boolean indicating whether the event is cancelable.
- A Boolean value indicating whether or not the event can bubble across the boundary between the shadow DOM and the regular DOM.
- A reference to the currently registered target for the event. This is the object to which the event is currently slated to be sent; it's possible this has been changed along the way through retargeting.
Nodes through which the event has bubbled.
- Indicates whether or not
event.preventDefault()has been called on the event.
- Indicates which phase of the event flow is being processed.
- The explicit original target of the event (Mozilla-specific).
- The original target of the event, before any retargetings (Mozilla-specific).
- A non-standard alternative (from old versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer) to
Booleanindicating whether the given event will bubble across through the shadow root into the standard DOM. This property has been renamed to
- A non-standard alias (from old versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer) for
- A reference to the target to which the event was originally dispatched.
- The time at which the event was created, in milliseconds. By specification, this value is time since epoch, but in reality browsers' definitions vary; in addition, work is underway to change this to be a
- The name of the event (case-insensitive).
- Indicates whether or not the event was initiated by the browser (after a user click for instance) or by a script (using an event creation method, like event.initEvent)
MozMmsEvent inherits methods from
- Initializes the value of an Event created. If the event has already being dispatched, this method does nothing.
Event.preventBubble()Obsolete since Gecko 24
- Prevents the event from bubbling. Obsolete, use
Event.preventCapture()Obsolete since Gecko 24
- Obsolete, use
- Cancels the event (if it is cancelable).
- For this particular event, no other listener will be called. Neither those attached on the same element, nor those attached on elements which will be traversed later (in capture phase, for instance)
- Stops the propagation of events further along in the DOM.
- Non-standard. Returns the value of
MozMmsEvent is used for the following events:
- Fired whenever an MMS is delivered to a recipient.
- Fired whenever an MMS is received.
- Fired whenever an MMS is sent.
This is a nonstandard implementation, but it is discussed at W3C as part of the System Application Working Group.
|Messaging API||Editor's Draft||Editor Draft (WIP).|
For obvious reasons, support is primarily expected on mobile browsers.
|Feature||Chrome||Firefox (Gecko)||Internet Explorer||Opera||Safari|
|Basic support||No support||No support||No support||No support||No support|
|Feature||Android||Firefox Mobile (Gecko)||IE Mobile||Opera Mobile||Safari Mobile|
|Basic support||No support||12.0 (12.0) Moz||No support||No support||No support|