This page includes archived content for Apps, including obsolete web app content, Firefox OS app-related content, etc.
- App Development API Reference
- Technical review completed. Editorial review completed.
- Designing Open Web Apps
- The items under this section apply generally to Web app design.
- Open web app architecture
- Apps can be installed from the server that hosts them ("self-hosting") or from a store. Mozilla launched the Firefox Marketplace in a test mode for apps in 2012. Other third-party app stores are also possible using this architecture. Apps can be free or paid. Stores can support validation of purchases to ensure that apps are run only by users who purchased them. The Firefox Marketplace will support this.
- Tools and frameworks
- Validating web apps with the App Validator
- Some checks that the validator performs include: