View geojson or shapefile on a map.
More About This Demo From The Author
Drag and drop, or use the upload button to put a geojson file, topojson or a zipped shapefile onto a map. (geojson and topojson can also be zipped)
The shapefile is parsed to GeoJSON using shapefile-js, which I also wrote, which uses DataView and array buffers to parse this mixed endian file. There are also promises used in here, kids these days like promises right?
If you need a file to show there is a zipped shapefile of the world here http://calvinmetcalf.github.io/shapefile-js/files/TM_WORLD_BORDERS_SIMPL-0.3.zip
There is a large amount of geojson in these repos
- https://github.com/calvinmetcalf/CambridgeOpenData (also has topojson)
MIT licensed (I guess dual licensed under BSD too as MIT wasn't an option) and includes
- leaflet for mapping (BSD licensed http://leafletjs.com/)
- communist for workers (MIT licensed http://communistjs.com)
- shapefile-js for shapefile parsing (MIT licensed https://github.com/calvinmetcalf/shapefile-js)
- jsSHA for hashes (BSD licensed http://caligatio.github.com/jsSHA/)
- bootstrap for styles (Apache licensed https://github.com/twitter/bootstrap)
- color specifications and designs developed by Cynthia Brewer (http://colorbrewer.org/)
- TopoJSON support from Mike Bostock's library (BSD 3 Clause https://github.com/mbostock/topojson)
About this Demo
This demo is released under the BSD license.