Bango is the payment provider for credit card and operator payment transactions on Firefox Marketplace. To receive payments for app and in-app purchases processed by Bango you'll need to create at least one Bango payment account. This page provides a guide to the account creation process.
When you submit your first paid app you'll need to add a Bango account so that users can purchase your app and you can receive payments of your revenue. This process is described in Your first paid app.
For the second and all subsequent paid apps that you submit you'll have the choice between using an existing Bango account or creating a new one. The processes associated with these options are described in Your second or later paid apps.
Your first paid app
This is the process you'll follow when submitting your first paid app:
- After completing the Content Ratings step, on the left hand menu, click Compatibility & Payments.
- On the Compatibility & Payments page, under Payment Accounts, click Add, manage or view transactions for your payment accounts.
- The Payment Accounts dialog confirms that you have no payment accounts setup, click Add a Bango account.
- In the Add Bango Account dialog provide the contact and bank information requested, then click Register Payment Account.
- The Processing Request dialog displays while Firefox Marketplace passes the entered details to Bango.
- The terms of service for Bango displays, read and ensure you understand these, then click Agree to the Terms.
If you don't complete this step you can return to it by clicking Add, manage or view transactions for your payment accounts. This opens the Payment Accounts dialog showing the account you've created. Click Accept Terms of Service to reopen the Terms of Agreement dialog and continue with the process.
- You return to the Compatibility & Payments page.
- Under Payment Accounts, in the box to the right of Bango (1) select the account you created and click Save Changes (2).
Your selected account is shown against Bango in the Payment Accounts section.
Your second or later paid apps
When you submit your second or subsequent paid apps you've a choice of actions:
- Use an existing Bango account. In this case; on the Compatibility & Payments page, under Payment Accounts, in the box to the right of Bango select an account and click Save Changes.
- Create a new Bango account, for example, where you want your revenue paid into a different bank or bank account. In this case, follow the steps described in Your first paid app.