The Firefox Marketplace provides a channel through which you can publish your apps and make them easily discoverable by users of Firefox OS. However, it is not the only option you have for making your apps available. This section will help you to get some basic ideas about the formats in which you can deliver your apps and various options for publishing apps.
Your publishing options
- Packaged apps
- Sort out the preferred method of delivering your apps - one which offers you access to privileged and secure APIs.
- Hosted apps
- Find out the way to make your apps available from a server, while giving users the benefits of an installed app.
- Packaged or hosted?
- Use this checklist to determine the delivery format, that suits your app the best.
- Publishing apps yourself
- On occasions you may want to publish your apps outside Firefox Marketplace, perhaps to make them available for testing or distribution in your enterprise. You can look for the options you have and ways to implement them.
- Mobile-optimized websites
- The Firefox Marketplace has the facility to list Mobile-optimized websites (MOW) — simply websites that work well across mobile devices and platforms — right next to apps. This article explains what this new feature entails, how you can make use of it, and what the different future release phases will make available.