- How can I submit a new app?
- See Submitting an app.
- What is the approval process?
- For the Developer Preview, all apps with a valid manifest are automatically approved.
- Do my apps need to comply with a content policy?
- The primary content restrictions in the Firefox Marketplace are to prevent malicious or illegal activity. The policy will be similar to the content policy for Firefox add-ons. Policies will be finalized prior to the user-facing beta launch of the Marketplace.
- How does the Firefox Marketplace sell my app?
Note: Paid apps and in-app payments are currently disabled in the Firefox Marketplace (). It is expected that they will be available again in .
- Who hosts the app?
- You host all the files for your app on your own server. When you submit an app to the Firefox Marketplace, you provide the URL of your app's manifest file, which the Marketplace reads and verifies. You can upload icons, screenshots, etc. to promote the app on the Firefox Marketplace.
- Can I rename an app?
- Yes. Just update the name in the manifest.
Note: Existing users won't see the new name on their device/computer, even if you force a manifest update.
- How can I launch the Marketplace from my app?
- You can use Web Activities to launch the Marketplace from your website or app. The activities that the Marketplace supports are documented on Github.