The Firefox App Manager lets you install apps from your computer to a WebApp capable device (Firefox OS), and debug any running app.
Connecting a device
- Enable remote debugging in Firefox OS:
Settings -> Device Information -> More Information -> Developer -> Remote Debugging [x]
- Plug the device into your computer
- It's recommended to disable the "
Settings -> Screen Lock" option
- If you don't use the ADB Helper Add-on, enable port forwarding:
adb forward tcp:6000 localfilesystem:/data/local/debugger-socket
ADB Helper Add-on
adb manually is not always simple. The ADB Helper makes the process easier. No need to install
adb, no need to type the
adb forward command. Everything is handled by the add-on. You can find the add-on on addons.mozilla.org (FIXME).
Start the App Manager
In Firefox Desktop:
Tools > Web Developer, select App Manager
Make sure your phone is unlocked and the
adb forward command was successful.
Using the App Manager
From here, you can import an existing app from your computer, validate it, install it and debug it.
From here, you can start an installed app and debug it.
List of permissions in the device.
Install simulator. FIXME
Debugging Certified Apps
Currently only devices running a development build of Firefox OS 1.2 are capable of debugging certified apps. If you have a development build, you can enable certified app debugging by changing the pref
false in your profile as follows:
(on computer) $ adb shell (on device) $ stop b2g $$ vi prefs.js add this line to the file: user_pref("devtools.debugger.forbid-certified-apps", false); $ start b2g $ exit
Then, reconnect the App Manager, and you should see certified apps appear for debugging.
My device is not recognized
- Make sure that your device runs at least Firefox OS 1.2
- Did you enable "Remote Debugging" in the settings of your phone? (see the "Configuring Device" section)
- If you are not using the ADB Helper add-on:
- Did you run the
adb forwardcommand? (see the "Configuring Device" section)
- Did you run the
- If you are using the ADB Helper add-on:
- If you use Linux, make sure to setup udev correctly
- If you use Windows, make sure to install the appropriate drivers
- Is your phone unlocked?