This section contains developer information relevant to specific phones that run Firefox OS — both developer and consumer devices. We have general information available on Building and installing Firefox OS and Hacking Firefox OS, so please go there for information about building and installing the platform from scratch. Developers with specific phones in their possession may however find the following articles useful.
Developer phone information
The phones listed here are specifically geared towards developers wanting to experiment with Firefox OS, including developing apps and contributing to the operating system itself. As such, they typically have unlocked SIMs, system files, etc.
- The Flame device is the official reference device for developing, testing, and debugging Firefox OS and open web apps, produced in partnership with T2Mobile.
- In this article we cover some basic tips on how to keep your Geeksphone up-to-date and how to tweak the system Gaia applications.
- ZTE OPEN
- This article contains information on the ZTE OPEN Firefox OS device.
- ZTE OPEN C
- The ZTE Open C is an updated ZTE-produced Firefox OS device, with higher end hardware and newer software.
Consumer phone information
The phones listed here are consumer models, so not ideal for developers wanting to hack on devices. However, There is still useful information here for developers wanting to develop apps for specific locales, or wanting to make sure their apps work on a specific device. For a more complete list of devices, see our Find Firefox OS near you page.
- Symphony GoFox F15
- The Symphony GoFox F15 is the first Firefox OS Device to come with 3G video calling capability, launched in Bangladesh.
- The Fx0 is a consumer Firefox OS device, and marks the first Firefox OS phone release in Japan. It is released by KDDI.
- Intex Cloud FX
- The Intex Cloud FX is a consumer Firefox OS smart phone, and marks the very first Firefox OS Tarako phone release in India (based on Firefox OS 1.3T.)
- Spice Firefox MI FX1
- The Spice Fire One MI FX1 is a consumer Firefox OS smart phone, based on Tarako Firefox OS (1.3T) and released in India.
- Alcatel Onetouch Fire 2C 4020D
- The Alcatel Onetouch Fire C is a consumer Firefox OS smart phone, based on Tarako Firefox OS (1.3T) and released in India.
- Zen U105 Fire
- This article contains information on the budget Smartphone Zen U105 Fire, available in India.
- LG Fireweb
- LG Fireweb is a consumer Firefox OS Smartphone, based on Firefox OS 1.1 and available in Uruguay and Brasil.
- Huawei Y300 II
- Huawei Y300 II is a consumer Firefox OS Smartphone, based on Firefox OS 1.1 and available in the Philippines and Mexico.
- Cherry Mobile Ace
- The Cherry Mobile Ace is a consumer Firefox OS Smartphone, based on Firefox OS 1.3T and available in the Philippines.
- Alcatel One Touch Fire
- Alcatel One Touch Fire is a consumer Firefox OS Smartphone, based on Firefox OS 1.3 and available in more than 5 countries.
- Alcatel Onetouch Fire C
- The Alcatel One touch Fire C is a consumer Firefox OS smart phone, based on Tarako Firefox OS (1.3T) and released in India.
- Alcatel Onetouch Fire E
- The Alcatel Onetouch Fire E is a consumer Firefox OS smart phone, available in 5 countries.
- ZTE Open II
- ZTE Open II is a consumer Firefox OS smart phone which has has a1.2 GHz dual core processor and a 2.0 MP Rear Camera, available in 7 countries.
General Firefox OS information
- Firefox OS phone data
- In this article we list the various available Firefox OS phones along with information such as their code names, availability, and specific hardware features.
- General device features
- This page lists typical Firefox OS hardware features and minimum hardware requirements.
- This article provides tips for resolving common problems you may have while using Firefox OS.
- Best practices for open reference devices
- A set of best practices that we believe should come highly recommended for any widely available open reference devices. All of the recent Firefox OS reference devices have followed these practices.