Note: There is a newer, more detailed Guide to Updating and tweaking Developer Preview phones — including Geeksphone — available. You should go and read Updating and Tweaking your Firefox OS Developer Preview phone/Geeksphone.
If you have a Developer Preview Phone from Geeksphone and want to update the build version, follow the steps below. These steps are only for GeeksPhone Keon and GeeksPhone Peak models.
- Make sure you have at least 50% battery remaining. This is important, because if your phone switches off while it is updating, you might need to return it.
- With the phone not connected by USB, select to Settings, Device Information, More Information, Developer and tap on Remote Debugging.
- Download the USB Driver and unzip it. Remember where you downloaded it, because you will need it later.
- Use a USB cable to connect it to your computer. If you are using Windows, it might ask you to install some drivers. If drivers are not found by Windows Update, you can use the folder that you unzipped in step 3.
- Download the appropriate image file for your phone (Keon or Peak). All the images are in the GeeksPhone Download Page.
- Unzip the image file in a folder, enter the folder and execute the script. Flash.sh is for Linux, Flash.bat is for Windows and flash_mac.sh is for Machintosh (you need Android SDK).
- Wait until the device reboots and shows the First Time Setup.
If you have any problems, post in the Geeksphone forums so you can get help.