Running Gaia using Firefox Nightly
If you have some knowledge of git, you can clone the Gaia repository and launch Gaia using a recent Firefox Nightly build.
Building and Running B2G desktop builds
It is possible to build a Boot to Gecko 'simulator' and run Gaia using this application. This software is based on Firefox but behaves similar to the on-device experience of Boot to Gecko. Currently Mozilla is working on providing nightly builds of this application for developers, and this work is being tracked in bug 744008. If you are familiar with building the Firefox code-base or C++ projects, you can build this application yourself following these instructions.
- to a mobile device in most respects
- are not available.
Setting up & building Boot to Gecko
- Setting up B2G Build Environment for Ubuntu (Reference Setup)
- Setting up B2G Build Environment for Arch Linux
- Setting up B2G Build Environment for Mac OS X
- Building B2G for QEMU Emulator
- Building and flashing B2G for Samsung Galaxy S2
- Building and flashing B2G for Samsung Nexus S
- Updating an existing B2G phone