Because Boot to Gecko is currently under active development, and is in a prerelease state, the best way to ensure you have an up-to-date copy installed is to build and install it yourself. The articles listed on this page will guide you through building and installing B2G on an emulator or compatible device, or the Gaia user interface in the Firefox browser.
Getting and building Boot to Gecko
Installing Boot to Gecko and/or Gaia
Setting up & building Boot to Gecko
The following links are to older articles that may be out of date, but have not been removed yet because their contents are still being reviewed for relevant information that may need merging into the newer articles above.
- Setting up B2G Build Environment for Ubuntu (Reference Setup)
- Setting up B2G Build Environment for Arch Linux
- Setting up B2G Build Environment for Mac OS X
- Building B2G for QEMU Emulator
- Building and flashing B2G for Samsung Galaxy S2
- Building and flashing B2G for Samsung Nexus S
- Updating an existing B2G phone