The Firefox Developer Edition is a version of Firefox that's tailored for web developers. It includes:
- the latest Firefox features: Firefox Developer Edition replaces the old Aurora channel.
- Each new release includes features which have been stabilized via nightly builds.
- New features enter the Firefox Beta channel six weeks before being released
- New features are stabilized for 12 weeks before appearing in the released version of Firefox.
- a separate developer profile: this means you can easily run the Developer Edition alongside your release or Beta version of Firefox.
- experimental developer tools: we'll include experimental tools that aren't yet ready for production. For example, the Developer Edition includes the Firefox Tools Adapter, which enables you to connect the Firefox developer tools to other browsers such as Chrome on iOS and Safari on Android.
- preferences tailored for web developers: we've set default preference values tailored for web developers. For example, chrome and remote debugging are enabled by default in the Developer Edition.
- a distinct theme: this includes quicker access to the developer tools.