API calls are served by accessing
You may localize the returned content by adding a locale string to this URL as follows:
The API is versioned. For all calls, the first parameter is the API version. This is optional, and if it's not supplied, the version defaults to 0. This is maintained for compatibility with older versions of Firefox, but may give you some unexpected behavior, so be sure to specify the current API version. The current API version is 1.5.
All API calls only return public add-ons at present.
Returns details of a particular add-on.
- The id of the desired add-on, as per AMO.
https://services.addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/api/1.5/addon/1865 returns the information for addon 1865, Adblock Plus.
Returns add-ons that match a specified search term. This uses the same search engine as the rest of the site, so only exact matches are supported. The returned
searchresults element has up to 10
addon elements describing each individual search result.
- The term to match.
- The type of results to return. The default,
all, requests that only matching extensions and themes be considered. You may also specify
- The maximum number of results to return. This is pegged to no more than 30; specifying a larger number will still return no more than 30 results. The total number of available results will be returned in the
total_resultsattribute of the
searchresultselement. For example:
- Specifies the operating system for which to return results; only add-ons compatible with the specified operating system will be returned. The default value is
all; other possible values are
- Specifies the application version with which the returned add-ons must be compatible.
Searches for add-ons matching "popup". See the output from this request.
Searches for themes matching "nasa". See the output from this request.
Searches for add-ons of any type that match "blue", returning no more than 10 results. Only add-ons that are compatible with the Windows version of Firefox 3 are considered.
Returns a randomly ordered and selected list of add-ons.
- The type of list to return. The default is
recommended; the only other possible value is
new. Recommended add-ons are those recommended by AMO editors, while new add-ons are those posted in the last ten days.
- The types of add-on to return. The default value is
all, but you may specify
- The maximum number of results to return; the default value is 3. This value is capped at 10; if you specify a higher value than 10, no more than ten results are returned.
- The operating system for which compatible add-ons should be returned. By default, this is
all. You may also specify
- The application version with which the returned add-ons must be compatible.
Returns a list of new add-ons. See the output from this request.