This translation is incomplete. Please help translate this article from English.
Gaming is one of the most popular computer activities. New technologies are constantly arriving to make it possible to develop better and more powerful games that can be run in any standards-compliant web browser.
Develop web games
Welcome to the MDN game development center! In this area of the site we provide resources for web developers wanting to develop games. You'll find many useful tutorials and technique articles in the main menu on the left, so feel free to explore.
Port native games to the Web
To get started, see:
- Build New Games
- A collaborative site featuring a large number of open web game development tutorials. Hasn't been very active recently, but still holds some nice resources.
- Creative JS
- Game programming patterns
- An online book, written by Bob Nystrom, which discusses programming patterns in the context of game development with the aim of helping game developers produce more effective, efficient code.
- Artillery blog
- HTML5 games company Artillery have some useful articles on their blog.
- Building games for Firefox OS
- A quick guide to creating 2D games with HTML5, for distribution on Firefox OS and other mobile platforms.
- Gamedev.js Weekly
- Weekly newsletter about HTML5 game development, sent every Friday. Contains the latest articles, tutorials, tools, and resources.
- HTML5 Game Devs Forum
- Forums for developers, framework creators and publishers. Ask questions, get feedback, help others.
- HTML5 Game Engine
- List of the most popular HTML5 game frameworks along with their rating, features and samples.
- Tuts+ Game Development
- Tutorials and articles about game development in general.
- #BBG IRC chat
- Talk with the developers directly in real time.
- HTML5 Gamedev Starter
- Starter for the new game developers, a curated list of links to various, useful resources around the web.
- Mozilla Hacks blog
- Games category on the Mozilla Hacks blog containing interesting gamedev related articles.
- Visual-js game engine
- 2d/3d/webSocket orientend game engine. Comes with tools for windows only. Hosted on bitbucket projects site.