Firefox OS is currently under heavy development; we are constantly working on ways to make it easier for you to use and hack on Gaia (the default set of apps) and create your own. However, you need knowledge about systems in order to do things like build the entire Firefox OS stack, or flash a phone with a build of Firefox OS. Linked below are guides meant for Web developers interested in running and making changes to Gaia or developing apps to run on Firefox OS devices.
Documentation about Firefox OS
- Introduction to Firefox OS
- Introductory information about what Firefox OS is and how it works.
- Firefox OS tips and tricks
- Some short articles about useful tips and tricks to know about Firefox OS while hacking it.
- Writing apps for Firefox OS
- Documentation about creating Firefox OS applications.
- Developer Hub
- A collection of tools, tutorials, and services for Firefox OS app developers.
- User experience
- Style and user experience guides—as well as code patterns and templates—to help you create attractive, consistent apps for Firefox OS.
- The Firefox OS platform
- Documentation about the Firefox OS platform, including Gonk, Gaia, and everything in between. This includes documentation for building and installing the platform onto devices, as well as building the simulator and emulators.
- Documentation about security in Firefox OS; this includes topics about security devices from every perspective: for app developers, device integrators, and so forth.
- Articles about optimizing Firefox OS applications.
- A guide to resolving common problems with Firefox OS.
- Debugging on Firefox OS
- A guide to debugging both your mobile apps and Firefox OS itself.
- Firefox OS developer phone guide
- A guide to the Firefox OS developer phones Mozilla provides to some developers. This guide also applies if someone installed Firefox OS on your phone for you.
If you're working with Firefox OS, or developing applications you'd like to run on Firefox OS devices, there are community resources to help you!
- Consult the Boot to Gecko project forum:
- Ask your question on Mozilla's Boot to Gecko IRC channel: #b2g
Don't forget about the netiquette...
Document Tags and Contributors